Set in 2014, five years after the "Manhattan Incident" (the events of the Plant chapter from Metal Gear Solid 2), Metal Gear Solid 4 portrays a world where the restriction of military intervention on foreign soil has been eased, fueling the need for private military companies (PMCs) to fight proxy wars for business purposes. Nanotechnology has become prominent, both to enhance the capabilities and enforce the loyalty of mercenaries. The five largest of these PMCs are owned by a single mother company named Outer Haven, which is operated by Liquid Ocelot. Amassing an army whose manpower rivals that of the United States, Liquid prepares to launch an armed insurrection. With the world once again in crisis, a rapidly aging and disillusioned Solid Snake is deployed into the Middle East by Roy Campbell to terminate Liquid. Guns of the Patriots will take place in five locations throughout the world. So far three locations have been revealed: the Middle East, South America and somewhere in Eastern Europe. 
OLD SNAKE: The legendary Soldier on his last mission
iemand deze halen ?
bij 12games.com en dimplus.nl krijg je gratis Metal gear Saga erbij als um al preorder ik kan echt niet wachten !!!
hier zijn 3 cijfers van
UK PSM 10/10
(geen uitgebreide review van kunnen vinden )
NL OPM 9.8/10(bron PSU forums)
Overall: 96(same as gta4)
Positive points: Worthy finale of the series, perfect camera, controls and sound, epic storyline, weapons
Negative points: Graphics could be a bit better, story too complex for people who are not into the series
- You can play music on the portable mp3 player snake has from the PS3's hard disc.
- They couldn't say anything about the story we didn't know yet (had to sign a paper), but they said that you should get the game already just for the story.
- Through the game, Snake acts like a soldier who welcomes death. He has a 'death wish'.
- They ended their first playthrough with 300 kills.
- The bossfight against octopus takes place in a South American labratory. She can disguise herself as several objects and figures.
- They discribe Raging Raven as a human bomber who constantly takes away your stragatical advantages by destroying your places to hide.
- Crying Wolf is very fast and has a rail gun that can could shoot snake to a pile of ash really quick.
- Besides the B&B unit, there is also the chance to finally finish of some very hard to defeat enemies from the previous games.
- Cutscenes are amazing, they especially mention the ending epilogue which is (litteraly translated) brainbreaking.
- After the first playthrough, some new goodies and new but extremely expensive parts become available in Drebin's shop.
- There is again a return of several special gameplay and story aspects from the previous games. They especially occur during the return to Shadow Moses Island.
- Completely original, but not a 100% perfect, is actually only Snake's mission in an unnamed Eastern Europe country.
- The story goes about a choice between the systematical 'force to' (couldn't find a better word to translate this (opleggen)) order or to keep the free will in every individual citizen or soldier.
- They think MGS4 is a bullseye as a game. GTAIV may have a longer playability, but on many aspects MGS4 is coming out. The suspens of the story, the perfect controls, the amazing sound directions and of course the emotion, it's hard to find all this in one game.
- The biggest power of the game is the biggest negative point, if you liked the long, complex story of the previous MGS's, you will love MGS4. But if you didn't like it, you won't like MGS4 purely as an action game (there are better games for that).
Closing Comment: The most important thing we can say about MGS4 is that we would have peace with it if this would be the final chapter of the series. For a game that had to carry so many expections, that seems the biggest compliment too us. An emotional, intense, and worthy closure, especially for the real fans
Positive points: Freedom of action and tactics....
....in realistic and crowded scenarios
Enemies or friends? Decide the IA
Graphics remarkable, sound great.
The final step of a epochal saga
Negative points: More movie than game
Ik ben altijd grote fan geweest van MGS, maar probleem is dat ik nooit 100% mee was met het verhaal aangezien in Metal Gear op de NES niet gespeeld heb. Maar gisteren heb ik op internet een 7-delige samenvatting gezien van alle MGS's! En ik moet zeggen, het is de perfecte opfrisser! Ben eindelijk 100% mee met het verhaal